[Healeys] Bad Company

Heard heard at datatrontech.net
Mon Jul 16 07:57:56 MDT 2007

Well, that really hits a nerve with me.  I am sick and tired of trying to
find anything of even modest quality made in China.  Put me in the class of
'happy to pay more for quality'.  I just can't figure out where to get the
stuff.  If I want a hose bib for my house, I have to go to the big box
stores because they have driven all of the other mom and pops out of
business.  I buy a $3 hose bib made of Chinese monkey metal that lasts maybe
6 months before it corrodes.  You've seen this stuff, it LOOKS like some
form of brass, its kinda gold color, but it ain't even close.  Same with any
metal hardware you can name...screws, hinges, nails.  Same with ceiling
fans, light fixtures, lawnmowers, lawn furniture, faucets, the list goes on
and on.  It is ALL junk.

I'm building a house and I was astounded to learn we can't even make our own
wood shims anymore.  SHIMS!  They come from China, but guess what, they
aren't cedar.  Don't know what they are.

My house is starting to look like something from Havana.  I have 1950's
cookware, 1950's furniture.  I am on the lookout for some of those 1960's
era osciallating table fans.  You remember them,  the ones that actually
work and are quiet and you don't have to throw them away in 2 months.

My Healey has been in storage, mid-resto, for about 2 years now.  I'm sure
when I get it out in a month or 2, I'll have to resto at least some of the
resto.

Do I sound just a little irritated with the lack of choices?

Heard