[Healeys] Kip Motors rotors

Richard Bittmann edmyed at harbornet.com
Thu Jul 12 18:45:01 MDT 2007

Gary,

I took some advice I got on the internet and bought 2 rotors from Kip and had
them delivered 2nd day air for $60 thinking my rotor woes were over - not!
The rotors arrived at 1:30 PM today so I changed the Napa rotor out with the
new one and put the other in the bag for a spare.  This afternoon I drove 21
miles to & from to have the front end aligned and on mile 21 the new rotot
fell apart litterally in a cloud of plastic bits and brass dust.  Yep, another
rotor failure.

These last 2 failures have left 2 or 3 of the brass "contact lugs" in the
disty cap with a worn edge.  Should I replace my new correct LUCAS cap? or
will some wear be tolerated without ill effects?  Looks like it's back to Napa
or somewhere.

Richard Bittmann