[Healeys] Friday Funnies

MBran89793 at aol.com MBran89793 at aol.com
Fri Jul 6 09:18:19 MDT 2007

Laugh a little, it's good for the  soul.

As a young minister, I was asked by  a funeral director to hold a
grave-side  service for a homeless man,  with no family or friends.

The funeral was to be held at a  cemetery way back in the country, and
this man would be the first to be  laid to rest there.

As I was not familiar with the  backwoods area, I became lost, and being a
typical man, I did not stop for  directions.  I finally arrived an hour late.

I saw the backhoe and the crew, who was eating lunch, but the hearse  was
nowhere in sight.  I apologized to the workers for my  tardiness, and
stepped to the side of the open gave, where I saw the  vault lid already in
place.
I assured the  workers I would not hold them up for long, but this was  the
proper thing
to do.

The workers gathered around, still eating their lunch.  I poured  out
my  heart and soul.  As I preached, the workers began to say  "Amen," "Praise
 the
Lord," and "Glory"!  I preached, and I  preached, like I'd never preached
before, from
the Genesis all the way to Revelations.  I  closed the lengthy  service with
a prayer
and walked to my car.
As I was opening the car door and taking off my  coat, I overheard one of
the workers saying to another, "I ain't never  seen anything like that
before and I've been puttin' in septic tanks  for twenty years."