[Healeys] Exhaust Problems

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Sun Jul 1 10:02:16 MDT 2007

Not mine, the car's ;)

I'm blowing out exhaust flange gaskets every 2-3K miles or so.  I've
tried two
types of gaskets--copper- and steel-faced--which didn't make much of a
difference.

On my recent cross-country I had one blow out; fortunately, I was able
to tighten
the studs and seal up the leak.  But, I had to tighten the stud nuts
every day as they
would work loose over 300 miles or so of driving.

Anyone else having this problem?  In Moss' latest catalog they've
indicated they've
sent NOS downpipe specs to their manufacturer, which tells me there may be a
problem with the pipe construction.  I also don't remember having this
problem
with the previous set of pipes I had in the car.

bs

Bob Spidell         San Jose, CA        bspidell at comcast.net