[Healeys] Steve McQueen's Healey

Richard Collins gonnagitcha90 at hotmail.com
Sat Dec 29 19:04:06 MST 2007

At the time I seem to recall the Sprites were equipped with Latham
Superchargers.

Even though I worked for BMC at the time for Ed Bussey, (See Gary Anderson's
article on Ed back a year or so ago in the Healey Mag)
my brother worked for Eddie Crawford who drove a Porsche and Jim Kimberly who
had a Ferrari at Sebring. Both were "factory drivers" but brought their own
money to the party. Eddie had his wife's money, Jim was the black sheep of the
Kimberly-Clark family fortune and all three (Bussey, Jim "silver fox" Kimberly
and Eddie) lived within a few blocks or less of each other in Palm Beach.  My
brother and I were fortunate to drive the first of three Porsche 911's in the
country pre Sebring in I think 1963 or 64.  Palm Beach cops caught us speeding
(sliding out of control in fact) and I had to call Eddie to come bail us out
of jail and get his Sebring race car un-impounded.

Those were "the days"...

Richard of KY/CA
1960 BN7

and no disrespect to the board but also:
1989 930 (Porsche Turbo)1994 Porsche Turbo 3.6>