[Healeys] Foam injection in chasis

Dave Russell Rusd at sitestar.net
Sat Dec 29 18:48:21 MST 2007

Hi Tom,

I don't know about the stiffening part.

Just my opinion, but, anything injected into a closed frame member would
have to make a perfect bond/seal to keep water out. Otherwise, it would
simply trap water that did get in, next to the metal.

With no filler, the water that does get in has a chance to evaporate &
dry out between soakings. I think I would rather have the air space for
evaporation. Some folks inject an oil/wax product into closed frame
members. Not sure how well it works either.

Regards,
Dave Russell