[Healeys] Assembly order

George Haywood haywoodone at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 28 19:24:42 MST 2007

Lin,

I don't know if the aluminum finisher set on your car is the same as on my bj8
but in order to insert the second tiny screw on the horizontal finisher (the
one that goes into the rocker panel) you must either have a stubby pozidrive
screwdriver or take the door off to get at it.  I'm not sure if even a stubby
will do it, of course as I remember I have my door check assembly attached and
that may be preventing my doors from swinging out enough for clearance.

Just a thought and my experience,

George

> From: linwoodrose at mac.com> To: RonFineEsq at earthlink.net> Date: Thu, 27 Dec
2007 12:39:35 -0500> CC: healeys at autox.team.net> Subject: Re: [Healeys]
Assembly order> > Thanks, Ron! Yes, I am doing that first. Just finished the
right hand > side. Time for lunch and then on the the LH side. Rich Chrysler's
> instructions were VERY helpful.> > Lin> > On Dec 27, 2007, at 12:18 PM, Ron
Fine wrote:> > > Don't forget the rubber seal that is between the top front
edge of > > each door and the end of the dash and side panel. It was a real >
> pain to install after my doors were on but they need to be installed > >
after everything is painted. If your doors are already painted, > > install
the seals before you install the doors.> > Ron> > ----- Original Message -----
From: "Rich C" <richchrysler at quickclic.net > > >> > To: "linwood rose"
<linwoodrose at mac.com>; "Healey forum" <healeys at autox.team.net > > >> > Sent:
Wednesday, December 26, 2007 9:02 PM> > Subject: Re: [Healeys] Assembly order>
install the> >> alloy trims and the latches and get everything adjusted. Then
> >> install and> >> adjust the windscreen while working with the fit and rake
of the > >> windscreen> >> posts to the sidescreens as they are fitted to the
doors. All these > >> parts> >> have to work together.> >>> >> Rich Chrysler>