[Healeys] Insurance Coverage, the real value.

Editorgary at aol.com Editorgary at aol.com
Tue Dec 25 12:56:37 MST 2007

In a message dated 12/25/07 9:51:52 AM, mgcharlie at comcast.net writes:

> It seems he has already done what you suggest. It is hard to believe that
> Hagerty is this bad. Any comments from anyone else? Charlie Baldwin

My understanding has been that Hagerty will pay the actual cost of a repair
to previous condition up to the agreed value on the policy, and that they will
allow owners to take the car to an approved shop, have the repair made, and
then the bill is sent directly to Hagerty.
The two times that I've had damaged repaired under my Hagerty policy, this
was the way it was handled. The one time that I had what appeared to be a total,
an estimater looked at the car, determined that to repair it would cost more
than the agreed value, so they sent me a check for the agreed value, less the
nominal salvage value of the car.
During the course of this process, from the time I called in to report the
accident until after it was settled, there was one specific claims person
assigned to the claim who I talked to.
This is always the problem in second and third hand reports like this. We're
hearing what someone heard of what someone else heard from some person
connected with their policy holder and along the way we may not be hearing all the
facts or hearing them as the original individual did. If I were in his position
and unhappy with the situation, I'd be talking to someone at Hagerty and
making sure I understood exactly what was going on and was satisfied with my
understanding.
Cheers
Gary