[Healeys] Fender bead beneath chrome windshield support?

William Berg williamsantiks at hotmail.com
Sat Dec 22 15:28:23 MST 2007

Hey guys,
I was at BCS the other day and David Nock let me check out an unrestored BN1
to see how the Chromed stanchion sits on the fender beading.
I had the front pillar post replaced on my car when we did frame work so I
lost the original holes that one bolts the windshield support stanchion to the
car on both sides.
With the fender beads that I bought and placed between the fenders, they
extend , of course, past the foward footing and go about 1 inch beneath the
stanchion. It looks a little weird, thus I have been wary to drill the holes
and bolt down the Rear stanchions,
I then got a chance to see an unrestored 100-4 with just 18K original miles .
On that gorgeous car, the fender bead stopped just in front and butted up to
the stanchion.
Do I trim my fender bead or do I let it run beneath, what's original?