[Healeys] Maroon color

Mark and Kathy mgtrcars at galaxyinternet.net
Fri Dec 21 18:50:25 MST 2007

The Jaguar  Regency Red is of the era and has no metal flake in it.
If you can find a picture of an XKE in an old magazine in a dark red
(maroon)  ,  that would be  Regency Red.

I used maroon and tan on my MGA which I fussed over forever.  Finally
decided on the paint color.   I try to ignore the metal flake when the sun
hits it now.  It looks the nicest in the evening when the sun is low.

I wanted to use the Regency Red but at the time single stage paint was all I
could find in that color and my painter was much more knowledgeable on
Base/clear coats and I couldn't beat his price.   So the metallic maroon
was picked.   Looks nice but better if it was Reg. Red.

I used Moss tan leather seats and am very happy with the choice.

Mark