[Healeys] RH fender mounting

Alan Schultz alan at andysnet.net
Fri Dec 21 08:14:11 MST 2007

Lin,
That may have been me. While assembling my BJ8 five years ago, it became
apparent that those fasteners were going to be a real pain. I welded a
short length of steel strap to the bolts and inserted them in the fender
flange. May have taped them in place (don't recall). Once the fender was
in place I carefully installed washers and nuts. I did not have to try
to hold the bolt with a wrench since the strap prevented it from turning
while tightening the nuts. Worked like a charm and it is completely
hidden. Would I do it again? Absolutely! There are a multitude of
knuckle busting, nearly impossible, swear word producing  tasks and this
was not one of them.
Have fun, ya hear,
Al Schultz
67BJ8