[Healeys] New member with AH100-4 BN2..

Freese, Ken Kendall.Freese at Aerojet.com
Thu Dec 20 08:19:02 MST 2007

And when you read the Jensen books, one finds out how dissapointed
Jensen was with the Volvo supplied tooling and that Volvo wouldn't pay
for the hand finishing required to make the bodies look halfway decent.
Lots of finger pointing.
Ken Freese

-----Original Message-----
From: healeys-bounces+ken.freese=aerojet.com at autox.team.net
[mailto:healeys-bounces+ken.freese=aerojet.com at autox.team.net] On Behalf
Of Quinn, Patrick
Sent: Wednesday, December 19, 2007 4:47 PM
To: sebring at illawarra.hotkey.net.au; Tadeusz Malkiewicz
Cc: healeys at autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] New member with AH100-4 BN2..

G'day Tadek

Greetings from Sydney, Australia and welcome.

While we laud the capacity of the Jensen Brothers to assemble the
Austin-Healey we sometimes forget how disappointed Volvo was with the
British company during the assembly of the early P1800. So disappointed
with the finish quality that Volvo cancelled the contract and continued
construction in Sweden.

It has always made me think that perhaps BMC quality control was of a
lower standard than Volvo.

Hoo Roo

Patrick