[Healeys] Insulation advice: Fibrefax, Dynamat or both?

William Berg williamsantiks at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 18 23:49:18 MST 2007

Hello gang, I am ready to install my interior. My MGA has always cooked my
little smokies(toes) and I don't want to have the same problem with my Healey
100-4.
I picked a roll of Fiberfax, the ceramic/fiber airplane cockpit insulation and
i also have a roll of Dynamat
I am the king of overkill , I know it! Why have one when you can have 2 for
twice the price.
I am not putting down tar paper, I don't participate in concourses.
The question is should I put them both down and if I do , should I glue in the
fiberfax them lay over the dynamat or glue it on as well.
None of this will be seen with my Wilton wool carpet over it but I don't want
the carpet to shift around either -
I know insulation is a bit of a tired subject on the list but, when you're
doing it for the first time, It's all new to you -Thanks for any advice
-William