[Healeys] Aluminum cockpit moulding - BT7 and Ice Storms

Brashear, Jack, N JNBrashear at garverengineers.com
Tue Dec 11 15:44:02 MST 2007

Ice storms are more common in the south-south central-south west USA
where snow storms are relatively rare.  When the air temp has been low
enough for long enough, outside things (like trees, power lines, etc.)
get cold enough that rain, sleet mist and such fall on them and almost
immediately freeze.  Get the picture??  The ice will completely encase
whatever it's on.  Thus, the "ice storm" you asked about.  That term
may, however, be rather ambiguous since any ice that may be driven by
storm force winds would tend to be fine sleet and not big chunks, at
least that's this Arkansan's take on it.  I've seen lots of these here.
It's the aftermath we see.  It is stunningly beautiful to look at the
next day with the sun shining (like a wonderland of mirrors and lights)
yet incredibly destructive and disruptive to infrastructure, resources,
and daily life.  I leave the AH in the garage...
Jack