[Healeys] EOS has been discontinued by GM

jerry adams cjerryadams at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 31 14:04:17 MDT 2007

Listers,

  There are probably several reasons that GM has discontinued EOS.  The enviro Nazis are probably at the top of the list.  They are the reason that the modern oils have moved away from the higher concentrations of the 'heavy metal' zinc.  That and newer formulations and design of engine parts and metals.  Another reason is that the GM dealership no longer rebuild engines,  it is just not cost effective.  The engines that the dealerships use to replace under warranty are not new but re-manufactured by 'others'.  There are probably other reasons GM has discontinued EOS and are purely financial.

  I picked up a couple of pints from the local dealership the other day to use during the engine rebuild this fall/winter.  They have a couple more pints which I will get next Tuesday.  I noticed that the instructions say to use only during rebuild and not as an oil additive.  They do not list the contents ie. concentration of 'zinc'.  This is to satisfy GM legal department and the enviro Nazis.

  Just my interpretation of obvious facts.

  Jerry
  BN2