[Healeys] Distibutor Internals

Dave Russell rusd at sitestar.net
Mon Aug 27 22:28:58 MDT 2007

Hi Mike,

Jeff converted my DM2 distributor to 25D about a year ago. It DID make
an improvement. Actually, I just kept my old distributor & he furnished
a well rebuilt assembly.

The original DM2 advance mechanism is a very strange design with center
pivoted advance weights. The timing was erratic over the rpm range, not
just slow to return. The 25D is  much more conventional & in my opinion,
more precise & repeatable. Jeff tailored the advance curve to my
requirements & did excellent work in building it.

I can't say whether the later points would be an improvement or not. I'm
using a Pertronix ignition.

Regards,
Dave Russell
BN2