[Healeys] AHCA June Delegates meeting

John May jdmay at attglobal.net
Mon Aug 27 17:23:54 MDT 2007

You would have a valid complaint if only your facts were correct.

There was a message to the membership in the presidents column of
September 2006 where the quorum problem was described and the members
were asked to provide input to their delegates.

The November 2006, Delegates Meeting minutes, which were made available
to the Delegates in January, 2007, described the delegates focus group,
the five options brought forward by that focus group (including counting
proxies, which the delegates rejected), and the option that the
delegates finally selected, including the 90 day Healey Marque  notice
requirement.

The presidents column in March 2007 covered this November delegate
action, described the delegates choice, and indicated that it is not yet
final.  That same column announced the Conclave Delegates meeting, even
though it was not a requirement.  The same issue indicated the November,
2007,  delegates meeting, including date, location, and contact.  That
notice has appeared in the Events Calendar of each issue since January,
2007.

Two of these three communications went directly to the members.  The
minutes were made available to your delegate, whether or not he/she
attended any of the meetings.  They are available to any member through
your Delegates, which you select.  For a report of the discussions and
deliberations, you should also contact your delegate.

Hardly what I would call zero information to the members.

I know that you have been provided most of this information off-List
since this discussion arose.  Perhaps you will elect to continue the
discussion there.  I know I want to get back to trunnion bearings.

John May
no title

(resent with the file size reduced to meet List requirements)