[Healeys] Top Trunnion Bearings

Warthodson at aol.com Warthodson at aol.com
Sat Aug 25 06:38:18 MDT 2007

In a message dated 8/24/2007 2:00:38 PM Central Daylight Time,
quenty at ntelos.net writes:

I used Brass shim stock at the lower end to get to the .
002 max clearance.

Checking the trunnion bearing clearance in place seems like it is going to be
a difficult task. If I recall correctly, once the upper trunion link is in
place it is very difficult to remove it again without damaging something. It
appears that the clearance would have to be checked dry to get an accurate
reading which means disassembling & lubing the thrust bearings. Can this clearance
be checked on the bench before assembling everything in place? Also, exactly
how do you measure the clearance?
Thanks,
Gary Hodson