[Healeys] AHCA Delegates Meeting

Ronald J. Ray ronald-ray at sbcglobal.net
Thu Aug 23 08:48:45 MDT 2007

Having been out of my office since I posted the original "commentary," I was
quite surprised by the number of responses, both to the list and to me
individually, that were made.

I'd like to comment on a few things I read in the replies.

Bob Larson, teleconferencing or internet meetings were discussed at the June
Delegates meeting. My impression was the revision to the by-laws were a done
deal by the time the June meeting occurred.

John May,  while I can not locate the language for the by law change that
was handed out at the June Delegate's meeting, I am very confident that
there was no mention of a 3 month advance notice of a delegates meeting.
The 5-9-2006 By-Laws state that, "unless waived,"  a  2 week written
notification of meetings is required (Section 5.)  The By-Laws are silent on
who has the authority to waive this notice.  At the June meeting, there was
no vote of the delegates to change this 2 week requirement to three months.
I could not find any specific mention of lowering the quorum requirements to
whoever shows up at a meeting in any issue of the Marque prior to the
November 2006 Delegates meeting.  Also, having been in attendance at the
June Delegate's meeting, I had all the facts that were presented.

Don Lenschow, I find nothing within the 5-9-2006 By-Laws addressing whether
or not a proxy can be counted towards the quorum.  Section 4, item f. simply
states that a Sanction Area Club may appoint a proxy as their representative
on the Board of Delegates.  I would think that a reasonable implication of
the current language would be that since a proxy is representing another
club, that proxy has, in addition to voting rights, all rights and
responsibilities in the role as proxy as if the actually delegate were
present, including counting towards the quorum.  John May's email about
Roberts Rules are probably not applicable since the AHCA By-Laws do not
incorporate these rules into our By-Laws, much less even mention them.

Finally, I posted the same "commentary" to the British Car Forum.  Is
appears that the moderator of the forum deleted my post.  Now, I know Basil
is not the moderator, soooooo, any idea who the moderator might be? lol

Ron Ray