[Healeys] fuel guage

pennell at cox.net pennell at cox.net
Thu Aug 23 13:09:52 MDT 2007

All,

I have tried more than once to adjust per the MGA instructions.  It has not yet resulted in satisfactory accuracy on the guage.  The best I have been able to do is adjust the guage in situ.  This gives a result similar to the "1/4 is empty" scenario.  If you try this be careful with your tool as there are hot posts nearby and you can short something out!

One word of note.  The very slightest difference in tightening the nut on the full side adjustment makes a BIG difference in the reading.  Needle changes by as much as 1/2 tank with the smallest of tightness changes.

Keith Pennell