[Healeys] turn signals and tail lights

linwood rose linwoodrose at mac.com
Wed Aug 22 19:59:30 MDT 2007

Earlier in my restoration I thought I had sorted this problem out,
but tonight it has come back to haunt me again. I have just installed
my newly painted rear shroud and I was installing and hooking up the
tail lights. By the way, getting those chrome trim rings to fit
inside the rubber housing was a real pain!

Here is the situation: All components are new( flasher canister,
relay (electronic variety, not the original coils), lights and
bulbs). If lights are off and turn signal is activated, both left and
right tail lights operate perfectly. If I turn the driving lights on,
the turn signal in both lights is barely perceptible. I have
carefully checked my ground connections throughout the car, and
removed fresh paint where ground connections are to be made, but it
doesn't seem to have affected this issue. If a faulty ground was the
problem wouldn't the flashing signals have failed when the running
lights were off also?

I would appreciate any suggestions that I might try to solve this
problem.

Thanks.

Lin
1960 BT7 in restoration