[Healeys] AH engine stand on rollers for under $30.

Steve Thomton scthomton at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 19 09:01:55 MDT 2007

Alan, it's a 4 wheel stand.....the type you'd use for storage and moving the engine around not a 3 wheeled rebuild stand....but thanks for the reminder.   Steve

Alan Seigrist <healey.nut at gmail.com> wrote:    Steve -

  If the stand is a tricycle stand... beware... they can be tippy with a long heavy healey motor on it!

  Alan

  On 8/19/07, Steve Thomton <scthomton at yahoo.com> wrote:   For what its worth...... I bought a Chevy V8 engine stand for $25. from Harbor Freight.....and cut a couple of tabs for the back and welded up some small extensions to the front .... presto a cheap Austin Healey 6 cylinder engine stand with rollers for under $30 and a hour or so labor...assuming you have scrape metal and a welder......email me for pictures.

Cheers,
Steve Thomton
1963 BJ7
Larkspur, CO