[Healeys] AHCA Hundred Registry

Rich C richchrysler at quickclic.net
Mon Aug 13 10:38:03 MDT 2007

Hello all,

As some of you know, I was recently able to acquire the Hundred Registry files
that Bill Wood maintained for many years. These files are in the form of two
boxes full of paperwork, notes, old AHCA membership lists, personal letters
from owners, and so on. They span the years from about 1974 through to quite
recently. However, most of the car numbers and owner data average to about the
mid '80's.

I am entering them onto an Excel spread sheet, and have accumulated over 800
numbers, and I still have a significant way to go!

This part of the job has been relatively easy so far. The really daunting task
is going to be trying to contact these people, if they are still alive, and if
they have the cars, or can direct me to who now owns them.

I am asking everyone who has (or had) an Austin Healey Hundred, either BN1 or
BN2, BN2M, etc. to contact me for the purpose of updating the data. This
includes cars that have been parted out, individual pieces used on other cars,
etc.

Everything will be kept in the strictest confidence and only the information
you specifically allow per individual situation will be shared with anybody.

In addition if you wish to know about where your old Hundred may be now, who
owned it previously, I will be able to (with appropriate permission) find out
some answers for you.

I need not only your full name, address, email, phone number, etc. but also
MOST important: Car chassis or VIN number, engine number (begins with 1B),
batch and body number (2 part number stamped on aluminum plate and screwed to
firewall) exterior and interior colours (original and present) and any
interesting details.

This is a free service, and can be most beneficial in the case of theft, etc.

Please help me with this task and we can all benefit.

Rich Chrysler