[Healeys] BJ8 Photo Album

andy pole ampole at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 13 08:20:37 MDT 2007

Thanks guys
I bougt my first BJ8 when I was 21 (#2250) and when my dad helped me tow it
back to his house, I thought he was going to throw a fit! I had gone to buy
a frogeye but ended up with  a car worse than the one I have now, regardless
to say I sold it 6 months later and its the only car I've made a profit on.
Always regretted it.
Anyway now I'm 37 I thought I would try again, and looked all other the uk
for something that wasnt a silly price or boxes of bits. In the end bought
this one from New York and shipped it to the uk. As you can see by the paint
stripped on one wing it has no accident damage and never been repainted,
however a previous owner did blow the engine up and it had a replacement in
the 70's (got original bills), it was shipped to the States as a personal
export with black leather interior.
Rich has pointed out the gear knob is not original, but a few other things
seem to be the opposite of the concourse view (ie the steering column
surrond cover and blanking cover on the other side were painted body colour
not black!).
I will take more pictures of the interior (carpets had rotted away) seats,
fold down rear etc. Hopefully it will look slightly better tomorrow as the
body has been blasted and new panels are going back in (rear inner wings
also need replacing).
Will keep you posted.
regards Andy