[Healeys] BN1 Gearbox Leaks

Warthodson at aol.com Warthodson at aol.com
Fri Aug 3 07:34:53 MDT 2007

It would not require a very large hole/passage to relieve any positive
pressure that might build up in the transmission as it heats up. My first thought
was that the pressure would vent thru the Trans. dip stick, but I can't find one
on the BN1 or thru the shift lever assembly, but that appears to seal tightly.
I would think that the overdrive vent would be adaquate provided the path to
the vent from the transmission was not too restrictive, but I am not familiar
with that path. Rich, this is an interesting problem. Please make sure any
valid suggestions are posted on the list.
Thanks,
Gary Hodson