[Healeys] carb sync question--for tricarb folks

Steve B. Gerow steveg at abrazosdata.com
Wed Aug 1 08:32:13 MDT 2007

Hi all,
Was thinking tricarb people might be able to help with this because they
aren't on a log manifold.

Now that I've got my DMD manifold installed, the car runs rough--it sounds
raggedy at lower rpms like it's got a fouling plug--but it doesn't. The
plugs are newish, have Pertronix and new plug wires. Timing was checked when
the wires were installed a few months ago.

The DMD manifold has separate runners to each cylinder and a balance pipe
between #3 & 4. I'm wondering if it might be more sensitive to sync than the
stock logger.

What I'm wondering from the tricarb owners: if the carbs are out of sync,
does it make the car sound raggedy?

I don't have time to tune it up for a week or so but wanted to get some
input from the tricarb cognoscenti.

Thanks in advance.
--
Steve Gerow