[Fot] Chevy rods/Moldex crank

Larry Young cartravel at pobox.com
Sun Nov 5 08:59:25 MST 2023

Do all V8 rods have no chamfer where the two rods meet? I think someone
told me the modular Ford rods were not made this way. If so, they would
be a better choice if a custom crank is used. When I did Chevy rods, we
narrowed the journal on a stock crank by running a bead of weld along
the edges. The only problem was getting it straight after the welding. -
Larry