[Fot] TR6 steel synchros

Jason Sukey jsukey at gmail.com
Sat Jun 4 17:33:54 MDT 2022

Amici,

I've gotten my hands on a set of Rick Parent's steel, carbon faced TR6
synchros.

Both my race GT6 and my street 2.5L GT6 use the TR6 gearbox; I've been
following his development with great interest.

I've installed the synchros in the gearbox from my racecar, and am running
that box in my street GT6 for testing purposes prior to Kastner Cup.

They fit well to the gears,  no rocking like the out of round repro parts.
Hand fitting to the gears they clearly have a stronger "bite" than even
good original parts.

For the past couple days, I've been driving it around like a madman to see
what they will do.   So far, I'm impressed- they take a ham fisted, non rev
matched, too fast jam into first gear without any drama.  Fast shifts up
and down thru the gears feel great too.

I'm awful excited to give them a proper stress test at Pittrace.

I don't have any financial interest in these,  but I am sharing because I
feel all of us racing with a TR gearbox stand to benifit.

Jason Sukey