[Fot] Aluminum Radiators

rek46 rek46 at aol.com
Tue Jan 4 08:28:46 MST 2022

who did you sell for?

In a message dated 1/4/2022 9:31:49 AM Eastern Standard Time, fot at autox.team.net writes:

I have a little experience with aluminum radiators as I sold them for 10 years. They are susceptible to electrolysis if you don’t keep a watch on the coolant voltage. Yes it will show some small voltage but if too high a hole will occur in the tubes. Google electrolysis in auto radiators and you’ll find some detailed information. May not be as much an issue in race cars as our hobby cars but worth the education. Also a common aluminum radiator repair is the use of an epoxy. Works well if the aluminum is clean.

JVV
fot at autox.team.net