[Fot] Aluminium radiators

dustin nicholson nicholsondustin at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 3 14:10:54 MST 2022

 I've bought my share of cheap ones online, you get what you pay for I guess.  The one I got for the Stag was cheap and had to be shimmed and a mounting hole moved over 1/4" to make it fit.  The TR6 one was a more expensive/reputable vendor but still sprung a leak after about 5 years in a seam location that can't be fixed, so I'm about to replace it again.  For the price of these things I've come to expect minor fitment issues and a limited life span.  My best aftermarket radiator was a plastic tank cross flow for the Spitfire racercar, out of a Ford Escort.  If there is a good brand of aluminum ones out there I'd like to know it.  In the meantime I will keep buying cheap ones and consider it a consumable item.
Dusty Nicholson1957 TR3 EP #43