[Fot] TR3 wheel offset

vfracing at aol.com vfracing at aol.com
Tue May 11 05:28:35 MDT 2021

Dusty:
Back when I first raced my TR4A (solid axle) I ran zero offset wheels (hub interface exactly centered in the wheel) plus one-inch spacers.  I had to notch the rear springs as shown in your picture because the slicks of the day (1979-84) would move in and out by well over over an inch and rub the springs.  Now, running the same set up with 7 inch wheels (legal in HRG with whom I almost always run, John) and the Hoosier TDR 23 x 7.5 x 15 they never touch the stock-width springs.  Note that the TR4A solid axle springs are very similarly spaced from the hub as the TR3, not as far in as on the 4.
Phil Gott