[Fot] Charlie Kates and his TR4 BAT vs GATOR

Irv Korey emanteno at comcast.net
Mon Sep 30 09:03:40 MDT 2019

On Fri, Sep 27, 2019 at 12:41 PM Mike Jackson via Fot <fot at autox.team.net>
wrote:

Out of the blue he calls me years later and says "Well, my wife is dead so
> I guess it's about time I get back to racing"  He was interested  in
> finding another TR4 and I located one in the Midwest to send him to see.
> Irv Corey's car as I recall.  Before he got there I mailed Irv a
> bat-a-gator to put in the car.  In the end he bought a different Brit car
> but at least we got him back!

Yes, we did get him back. He drove up to see the car, and when I opened up
the door to the garage, there were 3 - 8" long rubber alligators sitting on
the bonnet, the truck lid, and the dashboard. He gave me a big smile and
said something like "I see you've been talking to Mike Jackson".

We had a nice visit, but as already mentioned, he ended up with another car.

Irv Korey