[Fot] Battery ?

Ponostyle ponobill at gmail.com
Mon Sep 16 08:32:16 MDT 2019

Standard lead acid batteries don’t like vibration much. Fortunately our Triumphs are vibration-free. And yes, they don’t live long if they are routinely discharged to less than 50% of “capacity”. People get remarkably heated about decisions they’ve made about one chemistry or another. I shared some of my experiments on an Airstream forum and it’s a good thing it was online or I might have been lynched. I’m building a Tesla-based battery pack for Fritz, my remarkably stupid GMC Motor home project. Very spooky chemistry unless it’s very well controlled, and then it’s awesome. Charge to 4.15 volts per cell and it’s fine, charge to 4.2V and it catches fire and explodes. So yeah, don’t do that. Don’t drop matches into fuel tanks either.

No relevance to racing TR’s though.