[Fot] Valve Springs - GT6, Spitfire, Tr6

van.mulders.marcel at telenet.be van.mulders.marcel at telenet.be
Fri Nov 1 05:16:52 MDT 2019

For a TR6 engine, I used Isky valve springs VWE005SP116 With 320lbs/in rate (5.72kgs/mm). With an installed height of 33.8mm and full open height of 21.3mm, seat pressure is 34kgs (about 75 lbs) and 105kgs (230lbs) at full lift.
So lift is 12.5mm/0.49in and then the seat pressure is already rather low. Coil bind height of these springs is about 18mm so a bit more lift is possible. It there is enough material thickness, the seats for the springs can be reamed out to get the necessary clearance between the windings.
Marcel