[Fot] Fwd: G. E. "DUCK" WADDLE (RIP)...

Bill Dentinger billdentin at aol.com
Thu Mar 21 19:39:09 MDT 2019

Doug...
I am not sure, but one of his characters could have been based on Duck.  Burt does a lot of research before he writes, and much of the stuff in his books is 'fiction based on facts', especially that first book, The Last Open Road.
Burt and Duck were certainly good friends, and in fact Burt and Duck co-drove his Bobsey in an enduro one time.  I'll be surprised if Burt doesn't do an article or memorial tribute piece on Duck soon.
Duck's racing team was called "KAMO RACING".  That's Japanese, I think, and means something like mouse, or maybe even rat.  KAMO Racing and Beady Eye racing were very, very close, and of course while Beady Eye always got most of the credit for the infamous wine and cheese parties after the last checkered flag dropped at the end of every race day.  That was because they were held in our paddock, and because Bob Wismer was a sort of wine connoisseur, or maybe common sewer.  Don Brick was a certified cheese maker, famous for baby Swiss, but also he introduced racers to Mindoro Bleu. It always smelled like someone forgot to wash their feet, but it tasted delicious.  But truth be told, KAMO Racing probably deserved much more of the credit.  When they showed up, things always perked up a notch.  Duck and Sue always brought 'interesting' wine, and their team crew members, like Harold Baker brought exotic stuff like the 'legendary BBQ meat balls' everyone scarfed up.  Bill Henson was famous for bringing fine Kentucky whiskey (in mason jars, no labels, but with apricots and peaches floating in the bottom...you know...just to cut the edge).
Those were the days, my friend...and I miss them...
Bill Dentinger