[Fot] 1964 spitty with engine knock I ran across

Tony Drews tony at tonydrews.com
Fri Mar 22 09:28:04 MDT 2019

1964 Triumph Spitfire on facebook marketplace.  "Engine developed a
knock".  Probably could be had for cheap.  Located near Elkhart Lake,
WI.  NFI.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/511969766004821/

Seller's Description

I guess I’m curious if there’s a market for something like this. This
period race car came out of a barn in Elkhart lake Wisconsin where it
had been sitting for some years. I don’t have the log book but the car
was prepped to scca 1969 specifications. I didn’t really change much of
that keeping it as a road car. There are a ton of new or rebuilt parts
on the car. It was running perfectly all summer last year.. I was
driving last fall and the motor developed a knock. I parked it going
into winter and I haven’t touched it since. I have a bunch of extras for
it. I was going to fix it but I’m spread a little thin right now as I
got into a SRF for this season and between that and the FFs I just don’t
have enough time or energy to deal with it. I’d love to find someone to
enjoy the car and really make it their own. I’m afraid if I keep it it’s
going to become a s2000 Frankenstein car 😬 I can answer any specific
questions you might have. Feel free to dm me if you’d like to come take
a look and make an offer.

Regards, Tony