[Fot] EGT gauge installation

Rick Parent rick.parent at att.net
Sun Mar 3 09:47:13 MST 2019

 Mark Craig, I don't know who put a bee in your bonnet but your comments are out of place and unappreciated and I will not get in the gutter with you. I thank God that we live in a free country so you may say what you like, I just can't spend any time on it.
Sorry, I am at Sebring this weekend and have not had a chance to answer the WHY question and as a disclaimer my response is worth about as much as you paid for it, my hope is that its helps someone out.
With all 4cyl engines that have 1,3,4,2 firing order and share a common intake runner for 1,2 and 3,4 all have the same problem, there is an over lap with the two cylinders that are in sequence concerning the intake charge and one cylinder actually robs charge from the other, and that is why when installing dual Webers the EGT reading to evens out. I personally don't care for the EGT gauges and prefer a cheap ($150) Air Fuel Ratio gauge, it does the same thing as an EGT gauge with less drama, just one fitting in the collector and done, another good thing about an O2 gauge is they read instantly where the EGT gauge take some time and the best place for the most accurate reading is at the end of the longest straight. I can say that running a dual SU's set up or a single Weber anything leaner that 12.5-7 to 1 is in the danger zone. With dual Webers I wouldn't be afraid to see 13.5-7 to 1, as far as what a good reading is for a EGT gauge its been so long since I have used one I couldn't say. I do have some brand new ones I will put on my Dyno someday but, not today ;-)