[Fot] Brake and Clutch to the floor.

tr4racing at googlemail.com tr4racing at googlemail.com
Thu Dec 26 02:12:12 MST 2019

You did well Tony.

I really don’t  understand why people don’t lock their wheels when they spin.

If the wheels are rolling on a spin the car is doing funny things and nobody can predict where the car will be in a second.

With locked wheels the car is sliding in direction of inertia.

See how the F1 drivers do it. They lock the wheels and wait for the car to STAND STILL before they release the brakes.

Most of the worst accidents happen with spinning cars getting T-boned.

The cause for this is no locked wheels until stand still.

I don’t have good examples of myself as I spin rarely but maybe this one:

Cold Tires.

What I’m doing:

I was at slow speed with no grip on the back end caused by very low temperatures (36F) at the morning.

The back end stepped out and I slammed on the brakes. I saw the front heading for the tire wall.

I found it too expensive to crash the front end so still full on  the brakes I released the clutch and gave a sever dip on the throttle with the heal to turn the car against the direction I was coming. Brakes still on full lock until the car stood still.

The situation was to a degree under control. Happily the car was parallel to the wall and didn’t touch by about 10” distance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRbIEeOSw4Y

Cheers

Chris