[Fot] engine rebuild

Leonard Root dulon50 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 13 07:47:32 MST 2018

Hello all,

Fairly new to the group but have been a long time TR6 owner and started racing a Spitfire in CVAR a couple years ago.  Ed Barnard and I had prepared the Spit with a 1147 and we ran it several races.  Ed had just started rebuilding a 1296 for it when he passed away.
Then this last year the 1147 crankshaft cracked so I have two engines to rebuild.
My work schedule will not permit me to finish the engines myself.
So,  does anybody have a recommendation for an engine rebuilder?

I would prefer to find someone in the DFW area but could ship it as well.

Thanks,
Len Root
214-455-7668