[Fot] Differential setup

Greg Blake gblake58tr3 at icloud.com
Sun Nov 11 18:49:07 MST 2018

Attached are pics of the gear mesh patterns on the drive and coast faces of the ring gear on the diff. These are new gears from Bastuck which are the Oerlikon type. I like the drive side pattern but the coast pattern looks a little high.

The pinion is set at 0.715” depth and backlash is at 0.004”

I have moved the pinion 0.020” deeper in the housing at 0.005” increments and the drive side pattern just moved to the tow side.

Should I be worried about the coast side or leave it alone?

Thanks.