[Fot] Race Reports please

Rick McCurdy fmccjr at aol.com
Tue Jun 19 09:15:18 MDT 2018

Hi folks,

I was one of the TRs with “mechanical” problems who had to retire before the weekend was finished that John referred to. However, mine was totally self induced- the result of an “oversteer ballet” exiting turn 10, which resulted in my car backing into the outside concrete wall just shy of the start finish line. I had just waved by a group of MUCH faster cars in turns 8+9 and was not on a very good line at turn 10. Too fast at entry, oversteer, correction, both feet in, bang. Ouch.

I won’t be joining you on the track in Pittsburgh, but I may come to watch the fun (once the soreness subsides..).

My trackside neighbors, including John and his wife, were a tremendous help this past weekend. They were a great comfort to a singleton racer far from home. Much appreciated.

Despite my difficulties, I enjoyed the weekend and met lots of terrific folks, both with Triumphs and without.

See you all in Pittsburgh!

Rick McCurdy
Newburgh, NY
TR3 #132 (slightly shorter than before...)

Sent from my iPad