[Fot] bike engine oil for overdrive gearbox?

van.mulders.marcel at telenet.be van.mulders.marcel at telenet.be
Mon Dec 17 02:31:37 MST 2018

Probably AMSOIL 20/50 V twin and Mobile 1 5W can be tried in an O/D dogbox : both seem to have very good shear properties. I found that the Mobile 1 5W exists in several grades, including 5W 50. Maybe the thinner viscosities will find escape ways out of a TR box! xW - 50 engine oil is thicker than 75W-90 gear oil, but probably the TR gearbox will not keep the thinner grades like 5W - 30.
Marcel