[Fot] Oil Cooler or Oil filter first? also re filters

fubog1 fubog1 at aol.com
Sun Dec 9 10:46:18 MST 2018

 I see both sides of this but personally I don't think that the oil system can ever be too clean.First, it's reality that all engines normally make some metal, especially during run-in, due to ring seating/wear, dry (cold) start wear to bearings (the biggest cause of wear), timing gear, rocker/valve stem etc, etc.The oil filter is gonna filter out anything bigger than XX microns, but anything smaller will obviously be passed on to the engine, that's the dark sludge that accumulates in the sump and accusump, blind oil passages, and elsewhere.Considering that the oil is literally the lifeblood of the engine, I try to give it all the help I can...Glen