[Fot] Ignition Coil ??

Alexandre Camoletti ac at camoletti.ch
Tue Aug 21 09:46:55 MDT 2018

Amici, my 2 cents’ worth : I run a stock distributor but prepped by Jeff Schlemmer (this makes a huge difference), and an original Lucas Coil dated 1963.

Not the modern Lucas crap which burns on regular basis

No issues and brilliant reliability. Plenty of 6’000 RPM.

I have a Voltmeter with 35’000 Volts capability: I tested the modern Lucas Sports coil (gold), Bosch blue coil, Lucas NOS stock coil.

The highest value ( I recall close to 30’000) was reached by the Lucas stock NOS (ref SA12) !

While the Lucas gold sports coil barely reached 20’000 or 25’000 if I recall well.

As the NOS sellers say: don’t settle for less than OEM !

All the best!

Alex Camoletti