[Fot] FW: Ken Gillanders

Don Elliott 1958tr3a at videotron.ca
Mon Oct 9 12:13:57 MDT 2017

I met Ken many years ago.  He drove (I navigated) in his red rocket at the
TRSC meet in Ventura.  He told me that while he considered that he was the
original owner of his TR2, it had been a race car in France but it had never
been registered.  Ken was in France on military duty and was looking for an
Austin Healey at that time - with no luck - but someone told him that the
local Triumph dealer who was racing a TR2 - well his race-driver didn't
think much of the TR ( thought it was too dangerous) and he didn't want to
race it anymore.  When Ken found out about this he went to see the dealer
and eventually bought the TR2.

Ken was very sketchy as to how he got the TR home from France, but I think
that it may have arrived in a military box with papers which could have read
something like damaged military parts.

Then he registered the TR and that's why he always considered that he was
the original owner (i.e. the first person to have registered the TR).

Now you know a bit more of the rest of the story.

Don Elliott, Original Owner, 1958 TR3A, Montreal, Canada

Ken we all miss you.  I hope I haven't let too much out of the bag!