[Fot] 2017 Kastner Cup - Weekly Update

Brian Garcia cudapilot at comcast.net
Fri Mar 17 12:08:44 MDT 2017

Happy St. Patrick's Day, Amici-

We are three months out from being on track for the 15th running of the Kastner Cup.  Sounds like a lot when you say it out loud but we all know how quickly the time will go by.  Registration has been open for a week or so now.  VSCDA had a few hiccups early but has worked through them now.  We have ten Triumphs confirmed so far.  My list of racers that had said they were planning on running is much larger than that so I am very hopeful for an incredible turnout.  Early registration helps all of us on this end with planning so please get yours in as early as you are able.  The link for online registration is:

http://www.cvent.com/events/2017-vscda-blackhawk-vintage-classic-xxv/event-summary-706dde3c6c304c0d9262e3e7bca7dd88.aspx

Just so you know, after submitting your registration VSCDA does a manual confirmation of all information before you receive an email confirming that your registration has been processed.  This can take several days so no need to worry if you don't see something right away.  If you have any questions please let me know - I am regular contact with their event chair.

As previously mentioned here I am working on a Kastner Cup program/spotter's guide that will have background, facility, and scheduling information specific to the Kastner Cup to make it easier for entrants and guests to know when Triumph-specific activities both on track and off will be taking place that weekend.  As such, I would like a picture of each entrant's car.  Between shots I have taken at past events and internet searches and will be able to come up with many but surely not all.  If you haven't previously sent me a picture of your car please do so when you register.  This will be used for the program as well as added to an album on the Kastner Cup 2017 Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/2017-Kastner-Cup-412465015590721

Good news from VSCDA.  Bob Woodman Tires has signed on to support the event at Blackhawk Farms!   For those of us that attend this event yearly it is a blessing as it has been a number of years since there was an onsite tire vendor.  The support for and excitement about a large Kastner Cup contingent was certainly part of the equation to making this happen.  If you run Hoosiers or Toyos please consider buying your tires from Bob Woodman tires and have them delivered to the track.  Supporting a sponsor in this way helps us all in the long run as it makes it more likely to get them to support other vintage race events.  Links to their website and ordering pages can be found below.

Thanks for all of your support!

Friendly Ghost Racing

Brian Garcia - cudapilot at Comcast.net mailto:cudapilot at Comcast.net    847-452-2246

Jason Ostrowski - Jason at multivintage.net mailto:Jason at multivintage.net   312-208-5227