[Fot] Crack in block fixable?

robertten1 at aol.com robertten1 at aol.com
Mon Jul 3 12:03:31 MDT 2017

Sorry to hear Mike,

I'm not sure I would of done the repair as you did as those type of inserts are usually short.  Thus it would still be in the weak part of the threads.  You should get a copy of the Factory Competition Preparation Manual and read up on the block prep sections in particular the details for all the threaded holes in the block.  ie those for the head studs and the main bearing cap bolts.

Better luck next block,

Bob T
'63 Spit4  stock
'64 SpitGT  autocrosser