[Fot] GT6 oil pan and thrust washer

Mike Harmuth ofracer at gmail.com
Mon Jun 20 13:26:14 MDT 2016

I just pulled the tranny in my 70 GT6. While it was off I checked the end
play at the flywheel (easier than at the front pulley). I'm getting 0.018
so I'm assuming the thrust washer is showing some wear but didn't fall out
(yet). I've taken the pan off a Spitfire while it's in the car, I'm
assuming I can do that with GT6 but haven't done one yet.

I'd just like to confirm it's possible before I spend any time on a useless
quest or so I just bite the bullet and pull the engine out?

thanks
mike h