[Fot] GT6 scatter shield?

Rocky Entriken rocky at spitfire4.com
Thu Feb 4 13:47:24 MST 2016

I have one of conveyor belt material too (on a Spitfire). My brother Buck
made it when he built my Spitfire into a race car. It's about a square foot
of material and just bolts to the inside of the gearbox cover. Minimal
drilling, easy bending,  no welding. It covers most of the left side, and
extends out just a little bit beyond the firewall (forward of the front of
the cover). Remove the cover to work on gearbox and engine, the
scattershield comes out too. Yeah, I've considered what would happen if the
box ever went kablooie -- might get a bruise on my leg but what I wouldn't
get is shrapnel, which is the point, isn't it?

A few years ago I changed out the original cardboard gearbox cover for a
plastic one and moving the scattershield to the new piece was easy. I also
still use the bracket just in front of the shift lever (I know a lot of guys
don't) to keep the unit in place.

--Rocky Entriken