[Fot] GT6 scatter shield?

Ted Schumacher tedtsimx at bright.net
Thu Feb 4 10:56:20 MST 2016

Brian & list. Easy to make and easy to remove. Bend a piece of 1/8"
steel in a curve to fit over the bellhousing and down to frame rail.
Since bellhousing is tapered to the rear, cut off ends of bent piece so
it allows shield to follow taper of bellhousing and ends to sit flat on
frame rail. Mark the location of bellhousing to engine bolts and drill
oversize holes in shield so an extension and socket can reach the bolt
heads.  Cut 2 pieces of 1" angle iron the length of the shield as it
sits on frame rail. Drill 2 holes into each side of scatter shield and
matching holes in angle iron.  Weld nuts to inside of angle iron.  Bolt
shield to angle iron and place on frame. Adjust position until it seats
nicely with adequate clearance.  Mark position on frame rails and weld
into place. You know have an easily removable scatter shield, easy
access to transmission mounting bolts if you want to pull engine with
out removing gearbox and no need to try and hold a nut and bolt in
place.  Grab your ratchet and go. Ted

--
Ted Schumacher
tedtsimx at bright.net
http://www.tsimportedautomotive.com
108 S. Jefferson St.
Pandora, Ohio, USA 45877
Fax: 419.384.3272 (24 Hrs.)
Phone: 800.543.6648 (US & Canada)
Tech/ Gen. Information/ Worldwide: 419.384.3022